Friday, April 20, 2007

And Life Goes On...


Has it really already been five days since the last time I posted? Notwithstanding the amount of work I have (and keep on being given), it's always amazing to me how much dental school just seems to sap all my free energy/time (however little remains after classes, that is). As much as I'd like to post more regularly, I am constantly confronted by the realities of "life" as a dental student (particularly its limits) and am thus forced to relinquish all pretentions to having enough leisure time to update the blog on a regular basis.

Having said that, however, I am NOW posting so I thought I'd clue you in on the latest developments in my so-called life. The first item that's been occupying most of my time: I have another midterm coming up this Monday on metabolism/biochemistry (in other words, LOADS of fun).

That's the ugly part.

On a brighter note, today I will have the pleasure of meeting Assemblyman Mark Leno who is running for the State Senate this year (SD-03 to be more specific) and is a great supporter of SB840, a bill that would help institute a universal healthcare system in California. I'm looking forward to picking his brain about this and other critical issues facing the state and can genuinely say, as a devoted politico/current events nerd, that he is one of the "good" politicians.

No comments: